Holidays on the Conero
Discover the Conero whilst spending your holiday in our apartments in Sirolo and Numana:
A green emerald where you can experience nature to the utmost
DIVE WHERE THE WATER IS ALWAYS BLUER
The unspoilt and protected environment of Conero Park provides countless possibilities to engage in sport and have fun in nature whilst on holiday. For the sea lovers who are staying in our apartments in Sirolo and Numana there are many water sports activities both on as well as under the sea, where one can explore the magnificent sea floor. For scuba diving: Centro Sub Monte Conero, apply to the Diving Centre (Tel. +39 335.6625339 or +39 071.9331367)
HIKING ON MONTE CONERO
For those who would like to go for a stroll in the green countryside of the Conero Park, there are many paths and 18 itineraries to choose from which wind through forests of holm oaks, pines, strawberry trees and Scotch brooms. Here are a few suggestions for your hike on the Conero:
- Scalaccia Path, with a stopover at the beach and the Fishermen's cave.
- Sacred Itinerary to discover hermitages hidden in the lush landscape of Monte Conero.
- The Due Sorelle path, an itinerary for expert hikers which slopes down to the picturesque Due Sorelle beach.
For additional information regarding excursions in Conero Park, for events and for a chance to explore the park please visit the Forestalp website.
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO GO CYCLING ON THEIR HOLIDAY IN NUMANA AND SIROLO
There are several itineraries, with varying levels of difficulty, suited to all avid cyclists:
- The Musone River cycle path (18 kilometers long, easy, with an uphill incline of 130 meters) begins in Conero Park, descending towards the Numana beachfront and continues towards Marcelli and to the mouth of the Musone River;
- The short, flat loop of Conero (14,6 kilometers long, easy, with an uphill incline of 325 meters) begins in Conero Park in the direction of the valley of the Betelico torrent, all the way to San Lorenzo and the Pini archeological dig;
- The short, high loop of Conero (15,5 kilometers long, medium difficulty, with an uphill incline of 1,000 meters) begins in the Conero Park in the direction of Portonovo, and then on to the Raggetti Plain. It winds its way within the Park, crossing the Ciliegi Plain and reaches the valley of rio Pecorara. It then heads for Mount Colombo and ends at the Varolo Bridge.
Conero Golf club Sirolo
The Conero Golf Club is located just 2 kilometers from the Villaggio Taunus, in Coppo, a locality of Sirolo. The golf course extends for 60 acres and includes an 18-hole – par 71 – championship course and a 5-hole – par 17 – executive course. A slightly hilly terrain with a forest of oak and tamarisk is the ideal location to enjoy a day with a difference. The Conero Golf Club organises courses for beginners and one can rent equipment. The club has a bar, restaurant and pool where one can relax after a round of golf and enjoy the sunset.
For guest staying in our apartments, villas and holiday homes there is a special offer: Green fee (18 holes) €50 (instead of €75); possibility of 3 entries per week for €35 per entry; possibility to participate in tournaments and weekly courses at a discount.
On horseback on the Conero
The magnificent natural scenery of the Conero Park is the perfect setting for a relaxing and bracing ride on horseback along the Conero paths or through the surrounding countryside. Expert riders, beginners and children can choose from a variety of activities such as team-penning, therapeutic riding lessons, pony rides as well as English and Western riding schools. Riding schools:
- Il Cirfoglio via Molinella 1 Sirolo – tel. 348.3358078 333.4722546
- Il Corbezzolo via Piancarda 124 Massignano – tel. 338.8315104